Office of the Mayor
Phone: (660) 827-3000
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
9 a.m. CDT, October 21, 2008
Mayor Proclaims ADK Founder's Month
(SEDALIA, MISSOURI) : Mayor Bob Wasson issued a proclamation designating October, 2008 as Alpha Delta Kappa Foudner's Month in Sedalia.
Text of Proclamation
WHEREAS, the month of October is celebrated as Founder’s Month for Alpha Delta Kappa, and
WHEREAS, the purposes of Alpha Delta Kappa are:
• To give recognition to outstanding women educators who are actively engaged in teaching, administration, or some specialized field of the teaching profession;
• To build a fraternal fellowship which will add to their effectiveness in the promotion of excellence in education;
• To promote high standards in education and to assist in strengthening the status and advancement of the teaching profession;
• To promote educational and charitable projects and activities, to sponsor scholarships, to further and maintain worthy standards in the field of education;
• To contribute to world understanding, goodwill and peace through an international fellowship of women educators united in the ideals of education; and
WHEREAS, Alpha Delta Kappa is an international sorority for women educators organized in 1947; and
WHEREAS, the sorority now has 1,925 international chapters, and
WHEREAS, the local Beta Alpha chapter was organized in 1964;
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED that I, Bob Wasson, Mayor of the City of Sedalia, Missouri, do hereby proclaim October 2008 as “ALPHA DELTA KAPPA FOUNDER’S MONTH” in the City of Sedalia, Missouri.
Mayor Bob Wasson signs the ADK Founder's Month proclamation. Standing behind the Mayor are (from left) Louise Rouchka, Gloria Close and Linda Campbell. All are local educators and serve on the ADK Founder's Month Committee.
Photo Credit : Randy Kirby
Photo Date : 10/20/2008
- City of Sedalia -